Thursday, January 7, 2010

Seeking the Truth

Many people are very firm in their convictions. I admire the ones who work toward a common good and accomplish incredible feats, like the end to slavery, the inclusion of women in the vote and equal rights, protection of children and the environment. I also admire the Scientists that invent and explain things that were beyond our imagination. There are heroes great and small. Those who tend to the sick and teach others tirelessly and without ceasing, are the ones we all appreciate and on whom we depend. Do they have a common thread in their thinking, beliefs and faith? Perhaps just being open minded as well as focused. Open minded people are constantly seeking the truth. I feel strong in my convictions but realize that my interpretation of spiritual matters may be skewed by traditional thoughts and my background. So it it in these writings that I am organizing what I have read, heard and experienced. It is an attempt to express the truth as I encounter it. I welcome opinions and comments. I encourage dialog. I believe that no man has all the answers. I have long believed that faith in God was quite simple and enriching to one's life. I don't want to fight that, but I would like to be able to share it with all people in a way that is beneficial to everyone. The simple truths that are universal: loving is easier than hating, helping is easier than competing, and giving feels better than taking. That is the meaning of life to me. Why worry about what happens after our life if we have lived with the three universal truths and instilled them in our children and neighbors?

No comments:

Post a Comment