Sunday, January 3, 2010

Angels and Visions

Most reports of of angelic visitors have occurred in dreams or been witnessed by singular accounts.  Without supporting stories from others, everyone of these visions might be dismissed. I have marveled over the stories of angels in the Bible, especially the multitude that sang to the shepherds.   And I have been fascinated by the visions that were seen by a few children in Lourdes, and the voices that led Joan of Arc into battle.  The voice from heaven, the burning bush, and the writing on the wall, all indicate some type of supernatural occurrence.  Who would argue the validity of these announcements that came from a higher power? Especially when they brought us the Ten Commandments; man's laws based on a common moral code that protect us and perhaps help us seek justice.  The higher power contends that we cannot trust the conscience of man, but must seek something greater.  Who are these messengers? Are angels like ghosts?  We have little evidence of spirits come from the dead or paranormal happenings.  Too many have been revealed as hoaxes. Why would we want to believe in something that would harm, hunt or haunt us.  We want to believe we are protected by something  beyond the control of man- a guardian angel.  We want to believe that beautiful dreams can become true-heavenly visions.  I dreamed of Jesus twice in my life.  In one he was in my kitchen cooking.  I thought a good interpretation would be for me to do likewise and feed the hungry.   In another he was on the beach picking up litter. And again, I thought there was a message -to take care of the earth.  I would like more beautiful dreams.  Unfortunately, most of mine are filled with anxiety.  Angels with wings that radiate with truth. I hope they are still out there. Little green men from Mars don't sound promising.  Angels that accompany a host from heaven and guide us to a holy light.  I love the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment