Thursday, September 30, 2010

Looking for a New Church

Now that I am in South Carolina, I need to find a new church. There are plenty of Baptist, several Catholic, and even some Lutheran Churches. I admit I really like the Praise Music in the new and modern church services. I like learning new songs. Even though I have old favorites I am not fond of the dirges. And I have never liked mournful funeral services. Celebration on Sundays is my favorite way to go. I do repent everyday in prayer, and confess my fears and shortfalls. I want to find a church that is actively helping people in the community and feels like a big family. The music and message is important. But, putting Christian principals into action is my main focus. I started by asking neighbors where they go. One invited me to go with them, so I look forward to that. Several people came to my aid when I was stung by a wasp. They are now family to me, and I hope to connect with them more. As I meet people everyday, I think how fun it is to make new friends- that is how church should be as well. Let's see how it goes in the next few weeks. I love the freedom to choose my own church.

No comments:

Post a Comment